A boom-lift was used to tuckpoint hard to reach areas at the church walls.
The crew shown during a concrete pour at the front entry stairs.
A view of the church from the park across the street.
One of the bells being lowered to canopy level from the tower.
Pipe scaffolding was used to access the bell tower.
Although constructed nearly 50 years apart – Assumption Church in the 1880's and Shrine of Our Lady of Pompeii in 1932 – and employing contrasting construction methods and materials, the bell tower of each had deteriorated to the point of danger and needed imminent repair. In each case, the church fathers determined that a faithful restoration best served the long-term needs of their congregations and communities. Central Building & Preservation's staff worked with church leadership to establish a workscope that was sensitive to budget considerations while at the same time accomplishing durable wall and bell repairs and restoring architectural detailing.